Wednesday, February 10, 2010

Your Mouth Is Full - But Your Heart Is Empty

Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near [me] with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: (Isaiah 29:13)

Have you ever known anyone, or been around someone, that's always giving out advice, and then when you have the opportunity to spend some time with them, their life reflects something totally different than what they are saying?

When it comes to The Kingdom of God, there are many who flatter God with their lips, but their hearts are so far removed from him that there is no real relationship.

When you are in real realationship with God, you want everything about your life to please him. You don't want to just "Talk the Talk" You want to "Walk the Walk."

We have to be careful not to become like Saul. When Saul was first annointed King, the spirit of God came upon him, And the Spirit of the Lord will come upon thee, and thou shalt prophesy with them, and shalt be turned into another man. (1Sam. 10:6). Saul was humble in the beginning. He obeyed God and had a heart for God. But Saul started to do his own thing, he disobeyed God and would rather please the people than please God. The Bible said that God repented that he had made Saul King and he took his (God) Spirit from him. But the Spirit of the Lord departed from Saul, and an evil spirit from the Lord troubled him. (1Sam. 16:14.)

Saul continued to serve as King for a time, but God had already chosen David to replace him..so in reality Saul was just doing "Lip Service" because the Spirit of God had left him & his (Saul) heart had left God.

My prayer is that the words I speak, reflect the life I lead. If ever you, as my friend, a follower of this blog, or just someone who happened by, find me living outside of the words I write, speak, post...Please Love Me Enough to Rebuke Me In Love.

Lord - Cast me not away from thy presence; and take not thy holy spirit from me. (Psalms 51:11)

Be Blessed Today!

Alecia (AKA Destahnee)

No comments:

Post a Comment